Time to ramp it up for a new year. – Part I

Home Forums Discussion Forums Makes you go, Hmmmm? Time to ramp it up for a new year. – Part I

Viewing 30 posts - 211 through 240 (of 393 total)
  • Author
    Lt. Tyler
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

@BeyondThePale wrote:

He must have been busy in the playoffs. No, wait, that’s not it…

Dude, you do NOT want to bring that up.

You haven’t lived until you’ve seen LT’s mom scream obscenities at John Elway as that horse teethed azzhat drives down on the Browns to win another AFC championship.

And while it’s somewhat interesting to see Marty posed with his wife and kids in the annual Christmas card, it hasn’t ever gotten me no tickets to no games.

So that and a buck sixty-eight will get me a grande coffee at Starbuck’s.

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

Actually, that sounds like fun to me. Your mom dug football, that’s awesome.

The guys in the shop looked at me funny when I told them Mrs. Bones was yelling at the TV the other day. They were surprised to find out she is snarlier than I am watching the Steelers.

Now if we can only get Shan to watch a game and spend some quality time with her husband.

domf
    • Markshire PCs:

my girlfriend likes to watch football…and any other sport too..

too bad we have to watch the browns though

Lt. Tyler
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

But domf, those Browns games have been damn exciting. They were basically still close in all of their games, even against the Pats (in the third quarter of that game they flat out played the Pats), where only the last minute interception return made the score more lopsided than it should be.

And you have some interesting play makers, Edwards, Winslow. Sure, the defense needs to improve (strange for Romeo to have that), but if they let him, I think they have some good upside.

Brak
    • Markshire PCs:

Anyone that hated Elway is good in my book. You come from good stock LT.

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:
    Brak
    • Markshire PCs:

Ok Roy, you’ve been Horse-collaring everyone and their brother this year, racking up fines. I dig that, you made it famous….it’s your trademark…screw the fines. Doing your thang.

Don’t stop now Roy. Play your game. He’s gonna run alot of 9’s and he’s a lot faster than you but they been putting him over the middle a couple times a game.

You know what to do with them fast boys don’t you ?

And if a QB scrambles….well…you know what to do with that too dont you ?

Work with me Roy, only a matter of time before they say you are too big and fat for safety and you end up with the silver and black.

The fines will be totally worth it, trust me.

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

And think of what you can buy with the extra thirty dollars!

Brak
    • Markshire PCs:

While I see you dove at Brady’s knees on the first play of the game, I can’t help but feel you you aren’t trying hard enough Roy.

Lt. Tyler
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

Last night’s game was fun.

Mostly because I enjoyed watching Holmgren’s head nearly explode.

G_kinkaid
    • Markshire PCs:

So what if it was against Az. The old guy had a pretty good day at the office.

[img][600:500]http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z213/cluelessyeuseratwork/VinnyT2.jpg[/img]

Lt. Tyler
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

It’s true G, I gotta rescind my previous comment.

Vinny didn’t forget everything he ever knew about football. He remembered this obvious tidbit:

When you have a stud WR, throw to him, keep throwing to him, and throw to him some more.

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

In case folks missed it, my avatar, the meast, Kevin Everett, has taken steps toward taking steps. Good for him.

G_kinkaid
    • Markshire PCs:

@BeyondThePale wrote:

Also, after speaking with you on the subject for two years now, is it your plans that are making the difference, or lightweight competition?

Well, a few weeks and a few games later I can give a better answer to that 😉

Our Jr pee wee Raaaaiders have earned themselves a regional/national bid today by knocking off our arch nemesis in the 2nd round of the playoffs. This was a huge deal for our guys, they’ve never beaten the Huskies before today. The D was dominant and we won in OT 14-6. We’ll be playing for the league championship next weekend.

There was only really 2 lightweight teams in our league. The 3rd and 4th teams in the playoffs beat numbers 1 and 2 today. The top 5 teams are all pretty good (we destroyed number 6 last week, I pulled most of our offensive starters halfway through the 2nd qtr)

Our one loss this season was against the Huskies, we ran the ball very well but we kept fumbling the sonof…. uh, we kept fumbling the ball. Ended up losing by 6, but we got em today 8)

I’m so proud of my little warriors.

AA- OOOH!

~edit~
    I’ve been in ultra coach mode lately. Is why I haven’t been around much. Practice, film study, tweaking things, going to bed early… I’ve been taking this a pinch more serious of late *shakes head*

All that for football?

you damn skippy 😛

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

*hefts spear to the heavens*

Glad to hear all the planning paid off. Go get that trophy!

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

Congrats on beating them cursed Huskies *spits at them* …

Good luck on the next one too.

– mule

G_kinkaid
    • Markshire PCs:

@mule wrote:

Congrats on beating them cursed Huskies *spits at them* …

Good luck on the next one too.

– mule

I lol’d

and thanks

A lot of us (coaches/players/parents) from both teams ended up at the same pizza place in Charlotte afterwards. I talked a bit with some of their players and coaches, most of em had the right attitude about it and saw our 2 contests as the beautifully ugly epic games that they were. Their coaches didn’t wanna talk to much but the players were pretty open. Only one of em said that we (the Raiders) still suck 😛 and he was grinning when he said it.

good times, good times

domf
    • Markshire PCs:

you should teach them to kick an extra point…that way you can have a leg up on the other teams haha……get it?

…leg up!

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

*WHAP*

Lt. Tyler
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

No,

From now on, go for it on every fourth down and go for every 2 point conversion you can.

NO MERCY!

G_kinkaid
    • Markshire PCs:

And so yesterday, The Rutherfordton Raiders and the Wolverines of Polk county lined up and fought for the championship. Our quick hitting edge running vs their power inside (2-4 yards and a cloud of dust) running game. They all fought like warrior poets, they fought like Scotsmen, and they won their championship.

As I was handed the championship trophy, I turned to the team and gave a sweeping point to them all, then lifted the trophy skyward.

“AHH OHHHH!”
    (players echo)

*hefts the trophy again*

“AHH OOHH!”

(players and a few dads echo)

*hefts the trophy yet again*

“AHH OOHHH!”

(players, dads, and even a few moms and cheerleaders echo)

Now we have to ramp it up for the next level
    Nationals

Corgano
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

Congrats G!!!

“AHH OHHHH!”

Peace,
    Cor

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

yeah again I say congratulations. Sounds like you all have been working very hard at it and nothing is better than a championship for a reward. Good luck in the nationals!

– mule

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

Awesome, awesome news G. It’s one thing to get the players to have fun. It’s another to get them going as a team and one unit. I too know how hard you looked forward to this and worked on it. I’m glad you have been having a successful rookie run as head coach.

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

Grats again G, now onto some NFL football derailment..

Colts Crowd Noise!

anyone hear about this? Guess Belicheck (SP?) isn’t the only one to play around …

meh, false alarm

– mule

domf
    • Markshire PCs:

I will do the same thing G…once the Steelers lose tonight and the Browns end up in first place.

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

Fool! Nevar!

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

Hammer don’t hurt em! Call off tha dogs! Mercy in Pittsburgh! Someone call the Red Cross… and Purple Jesus.

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

James Harrison. FIST OF FURY! SHADOOKEN!

Lt. Tyler
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

So many good things this weekend.

But perhaps best of all?

Jones-Drew’s take down of Merriman was righteous in its awesomeness.

Got any more of that ‘cream’ or ‘the clear’ Shawne? Looks like ya need it.

Viewing 30 posts - 211 through 240 (of 393 total)
  • The topic ‘Time to ramp it up for a new year. – Part I’ is closed to new replies.