Time to ramp it up for a new year. – Part I

Home Forums Discussion Forums Makes you go, Hmmmm? Time to ramp it up for a new year. – Part I

Viewing 30 posts - 241 through 270 (of 393 total)
  • Author
    Lt. Tyler
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

Holy crapolee!

I just figured that I never congratulated G on his tape watching….I mean coaching…skillz. Way to go!

Ya gotta ditch the short sleeved shirt and go cut off hoodie to take it to the next level.

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

*sighs*

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

On an up note, the Polish Powderkeg netted me more than a lot of skill position players this week.

Brak
    • Markshire PCs:

@Lt. Tyler wrote:

So many good things this weekend.

But perhaps best of all?

Jones-Drew’s take down of Merriman was righteous in its awesomeness.

Got any more of that ‘cream’ or ‘the clear’ Shawne? Looks like ya need it.

I’ve watched that a dozen times at least for the look of absolute disbelief on Merriman’s face when he gets up from being jacked. MJD is my new hero. Reminds me of when Nap Kaufman( another small back) took out Charles Haley back when Haley was King of the pass-rushers.

Brak
    • Markshire PCs:

@BeyondThePale wrote:

On an up note, the Polish Powderkeg netted me more than a lot of skill position players this week.

Yeah, Ol Seabass is getting a lot of work. He’ll get under 270 at this rate from the running on and off the field.

All part of our new 3 and out offense to get him in the pro-bowl. Glad we payed Rhodes so much money to help tote the rock from the bench.

muddy
    • Markshire PCs:

I just love watching 0-10 teams finally break one for the win, I am anxiously awaiting tonights game.

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

shu-up

muddy
    • Markshire PCs:

You’re not really worried, but, you still have that little build up of acid in the pit of your stomach doncha? Hopefully over confidence is not a problem for the men in black… because getting beat by a bunch of gaymo’s wearing sea foam blue and orange would be unbearable.

That’s pretty much all I have to offer in this thread… unless I need to post on the game outcome tonight…

😈

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

They lost to the 1-8 Jets, they sure as hel can lose to the fish.

Brak
    • Markshire PCs:

Good luck Sean. You are one hell of a safety and this was pretty much a WTF situation from the sounds of it.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/2007/11/sean_taylor_clinging_to_life.html#comments

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

For someone that ALLEGEDLY was waving an assault rifle at some guy he thinks MIGHT have stolen his four wheeler, I have no WTF. It didn’t surprise. Here’s to hoping he pulls out of it.

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

Yep heard this today on Fark. Some of the locals are gonna be pretty sad about this. Of course I agree about the waving the gun thing. Though it was supposedly a robbery.

– mule

PS: Femoral groin shot sucks big. I too hope he pulls through.

muddy
    • Markshire PCs:

Talk about a boring game… highlight was when the fish punted and the ball hit the ground and stuck like a fat man at a buffet. Was also amusing when Ricky “I don’t inhale” Williams got stepped on. Looked like it hurt, but it made me chuckle.

Too bad they didn’t make it to overtime at 0-0, would’ve been a new record.

And have the ESPN commentators always been that damn annoying?

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

Yes, they are always that annoying.

The boys were hard on running backs last night. They knocked Chatman out too. Anthony Smith can hit with the best of them.

Also, I think I heard that Sean Taylor died last night. It sounds like he was just starting to turn his life around and maybe it was too late. Sad news.

muddy
    • Markshire PCs:

Yeah, heard about Taylor, too bad.

Not sure if it was the hard hits on the backs so much or the less than stellar conditions they were in, probably a combo of both.

What were they saying that they had played a ton of games on the field the previous week? College and high school stuff? That’d be friggin sweet if you’re in h.s.

Monty
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

Look, just because it was the No-Doz game of the week, you shouldn’t make fun. I’m sure both teams were procrastinating as hard as they could…..
    BTW, along with the Taylor story, check out the espn headline at:
    {edit} URL removed, Taylor is now the headline…. But it did have Muddy in there for a few minutes anyway….

That one’s for you, Muddy!

M3C

BTW, you got your Steely helmet yet, BTP? 😈

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

I have made an arrangement with LT. We’ll see how it pans out. I predict badly, but I take my medicine like a man. Just ask Domf.

domf
    • Markshire PCs:

we are just waiting for you to slip up BTP….

somehow we managed to be 7-4 and in the running for something other then the worst team..

Lt. Tyler
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

Very sad about the Taylor story.

And what an ugly ugly game last night. Just ridiculous!

Get Steely installing that artificial surface!!!

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

He’s in California right now, doing… independent movies. I get the nagging feeling I will be sporting an image from one of those movies in the coming weeks as an avatar.

muddy
    • Markshire PCs:

Gotta hand it to Romo, he picked that Packer defense apart tonight with very little effort… though that one pass interference call may have clinched the game in the end.

Who the hell is Aaron Rodgers? When he came in after Favre got slapped he really took control, I thought he was going to lead them back.

I still want to spit on T.O. and Jerry Jones though.

Who the hell am I and what did I do with the non NFL watching muddy?

G_kinkaid
    • Markshire PCs:

Just arrived in Fla

It’s time to get into character *dons Raiders visor*.

Opinvu
    • Markshire PCs:

I don’t follow Football, and this is my first post here. I happened to see allot of

Worst Team Ever (NFL History) Miami Dolphins

0-16?? No wins? Man, hate to be that teams fan.

G_kinkaid
    • Markshire PCs:

Well, we didn’t bring home the championship, but we did go 2 and 1 in the tournament, our one loss was to the national champs. We lost our first game to those guys then got our crap together and played some liver thumping football.

Our bracket was a bit of a mess, 1 team dropping out right before it started, 1 didn’t show for registration day and 1 other team quit after the first round. So there we were with a loss, unable to win our way back into contention and unsure if we’d even get to play another game. We got a forfeit, but we were there to knock heads, not get handed a prize and be sent home.

So we got together with staffers from the other remaining teams and made an arrangement for us to play the loser of the championship game (because we would have the same record as the loser, handing someone #2 that didn’t do any better than we did just didn’t sit right) well, AYF agreed and so did the other coaches. We got our crack at # 2 and we rolled em all over the field, but their coaches protested the (for 2nd place part of the) deal. It doesn’t matter , we still brought home 3rd and showed those guys who we were.

Funny thing happened during the awards presentation though. As they handed the 2nd place trophy to those guys, the name plate fell off, then the lower platform tumbled to the table. Their coach was nervously trying to put parts back together for a moment and then just kinda slid the stuff behind him on the table. My guys are youngsters, but the moment wasn’t lost on em. 😉

The Raiders had finally arrived and put an ! on the end of the season. Final record of 10-2, the most potent offense in our league (24 points per game) and a D that decided to get stingy come playoff time (8.5 points per game in our playoffs through the national tournament).

Yeah, I go on and on about this youth football team a bit, but it’s the only football in the Carolinas worth crowing about this year 🙂

Monty
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

Good for you, G! Congrats to the kids…. Next year maybe they’ll take you more serious! Too bad you had to start with the defending champs, that’s always hard.

BTW, anyone watching this week’s Monday Night No-Doz GotW?

M3C

domf
    • Markshire PCs:

haha….steelers lost….brownies won….

looks like we might make it to the playoffs….in Cleveland…thats just as good as a championship

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

Congratulations on a fine season there G. You and your guys should be proud. Sounds like you played some great games.

– mule

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

Great season G-man. Good to hear the kids had fun and learned a thing or two.

G_kinkaid
    • Markshire PCs:

Some return he made. Broke Jerry’s old record (though it only took Rice 12 games 8) and he’s still the bestest evarr)
    @G_kinkaid wrote:

The Freak, has returned.

muddy
    • Markshire PCs:

I really thoughts the G-men had them… and then they were deflated by Brady, Moss, & Dreads.

Great game though, that kickoff return was friggin sweet in the first half.

Viewing 30 posts - 241 through 270 (of 393 total)
  • The topic ‘Time to ramp it up for a new year. – Part I’ is closed to new replies.