Traudek Balderr

Home Forums Markshire’s Who’s Who PC Biographies Traudek Balderr

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Douglas2440
    • Markshire PCs:

His Mother was Rousu Rok from the Dwarven town of Urgat Shur and his Father was Tordek Balderr from the mountain city of Yurosh. When his parents were wed they left for Yurosh where Traudek’s father lived. Traudek was born 2 months early. Because of this he had a small problem, Narcolepsy. Little did Traudek know his father had great plans for him to live up to. His Grandfather had fought in the first war with the orc tribe 200 years ago and killed the ‘King’ then. His father had killed the same Orc tribe leader’s son. Traudek had a lot to live up to, his father was a high ranking Defender General in the army and Traudek was enlisted at the young age of 20 barely able to leave home let alone fight, or so his father thought. Traudek soon topped the elite personnel in his troop in skill at wielding a Greatsword. Finally a chance to test his skills appeared when Traudek turned 30, his first war. The increasing Orc tribe once again attacked and was swiftly defeated in the process of 3 months, Traudek, for his skills, was awarded a medal for serving in the war and saving a troop from an attack of 30 orcs trying to ambush them in the night. War after war came each one being dispatched within 3-5 months. Finally after these many wars the Orc leader became smart and decided it was time to band together with other tribes and amassed a company of nearly 1,000,000 bloodthirsty orcs. One fateful day they attacked at high noon when the old and young were taking an afternoon nap out on the plateau of the mountain. Suddenly from nowhere a volley of thousands of arrows came and slew many of the the children and older dwarves. Two of his brothers both at a young age of 15 and his younger sister at age 25 were slain while sleeping he later found out. Traudek and his father were immediately sent out with 2 or 3 score of others. Traudek and his father grabbed their equipment and set out, they had no idea what had happened. They only saw large footprints leading out and away from the city. The King decided he must send a troupe after them. He gathered 3/4 of his force, at around 750,000 men and left the other to guard the fortress. The company then set out and Traudek was sent with them. The company spent 3 days marching then decided to camp for the night. Without any warning orcs began sneaking into tents when someone yelled and sounded the alarm. Fortunately Traudek and his Father woke at the right time to grab their weapons and kill the orcs standing above them ready to lunge and kill them. Both Traudek and Tordek along with a few others dispatched as many as they could thinning the numbers to just under 750,000 after the other Dwarves were rallied and took on the force that was sent to attack them. The next few nights were a living hell. Raids were a nightly occurrence and Traudek was sent as a guard to keep a watch out at the edge of camp he and his Father were paired on the East parameter. Traudek would fall asleep one minute and suddenly be woken up by his Father’s shouting to find orcs all around him. Fortunately he slew each one with ease. This continued on for around a week when finally his luck ran out. His father woke him up a little to late and Traudek sounded the alarm just before a blade slashed across his left shoulder down to his right thigh just cutting through the skin. Suddenly Traudek became a madman screaming and flying through the orcs with such rage his Father stood stuck to the ground he was standing on. The orc Chieftain recognized Tordek and seized this advantage and stabbed Tordek through the stomach. Traudek saw this and watched the Chieftain flee off the field. Traudek paused for a moment and softened as he saw his father hit the ground. “FATHER!” Traudek screamed. An orc came up and swung at Traudek and cut his left shoulder to the right thigh this time, this only enraged Traudek more as suddenly he began swinging his Greatsword with a ferocity none had ever seen before……

A cleric never got to his father in time.
    After the attack was over Traudek took the chain his father Tordek had about his neck and has worn it ever since. His father’s brutal slaying traumatized him and during his bouts of Narcolepsy he will frequently scream a battle cry and whip out his weapon ready to fight anyone and anything around him friend or ally. Only when they set to march the next day did he forget about his father’s death, and this was only temporarily. The Army then proceeded to the city with Traudek on the front lines. During this war every one of the orcs in the city was slain. The company then headed back to the city and met the rest of the orcs that had nearly destroyed the city head on. They were soon slain as they only numbered at around 100,000 as the guards had done their job even though most were dead and the rest were very close. A brutal surprise awaited them at the city. Out front stood the orc Chieftain, Traudek immediately told everyone to get out of his way as he strode towards him Traudek began to feel his old fury for the person who had murdered his father. “Remember Me?” said Traudek. “Ah yes I believe I do, it’s time i paid back an old debt to my father,” said the Chieftain. The orc then leaped through the air towards him and Traudek blocked the attack. He then swung his Greatsword at him and slashed across the Chieftain’s midsection only to find the orc to his left suddenly the orc Chieftain slashed in so many different places Traudek fell on the ground his left arm maimed and slashed in 5 different places along with the rest of his left side. The Chieftain laughed as he saw Traudek hit the ground. “Finished already?” the Chieftain half-laughed half-spoke. Traudek stood up defiantly and suddenly he was in such a rage, feeling anger and hatred for the orc kind build up inside him. He spat out, “‘Tis no matter I only need one arm for this!” Traudek stood up and gripped his weapon mightily in his right hand. Screaming in such a way Traudek grinned as he saw the Chieftain’s face turn from a smirking smiling face to one filled with shock and horror. The Chieftain was slashed into so many pieces and Traudek kept slashing until finally he passed out. He woke up in his home a week later. His remaining 3 brothers and 3 sisters huddled around him. Traudek awoke and sat up his family members cried out when they saw him bolt upright like that. “OW ME HEAD!” he cried, “What happened to me?” “Traudek, you were cut in so many different places you passed out,” Dormain said. “Wha…. OH!” Traudek suddenly burst into tears as he remembered his father’s death. An honorable funeral was held the next week for his father. His mother told him, “Traudek ’tis time you set out to find your own path.” “Yes mother ’tis time i did,” he said. So Traudek wandered from his home protecting caravan after caravan until he came upon a place called Foothold….

Douglas2440
    • Markshire PCs:

‘Tis my 51st birthday and ’tis time for me to do as my father before me did. Tomorrow I will seek someone to begin my training as a Dwarven Defender

Douglas2440
    • Markshire PCs:

I’ve found someone! He said he’d train me as long as I finish aiding the Gripplis. ‘Tis an honor i cannot refuse.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.