Vala Fei’makiir [Ceorlas]

Home Forums DM Forums PC Storylines Vala Fei’makiir [Ceorlas]

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Opinvu
    • Markshire PCs:

This chaotic Good Cleric was trolliping through the shops for a splendid outfit in Stonemark when she came out to find a woman approaching her, the offer, mere gloves. The gloves had a purpose, a dark sinister purpose, Vala was told its purpose lie int he park just east of their current location.

Vala took the gloves without hesitation. She immediately put them on and strode tot he Veredent Park. There she sought a door of kind, a purpose for the specially knitted gloves. The gloves then made it aware to Vala that their purpose was more sinister and vile than turning a dirty door handel. The timress drew the gloves to her, they fought Vala for controll over her own hands. She was tempted and persuaded to strangel the timetress in the park. Eventually the gloves will check got her, and she indeed rung her neck. The timetress died and chest appeared in the centerpeice of the Fireworks focus point is. She was told the gloves in the chest were like that she had just been wearing though they had dissappeared. OOC I warned that taking them will shift towards evil. She took the gloves…..

Gloves of Strangulation….PLEASE ENFORCE WHEN CHANCES ARISE….
    1) For as long as she posses/wears these gloves she will move toward evil, 3 points a week until fully evil.

2) When in close company, in a group or bartering with merchants, Vala shall be hit with a Will save, Less than 15 results in an attempt to strangel the nearest person.

3) Once evil a Will save of 22 or greater will resist temptation to strangel. (nearest person, RP=try to kill them as is with whatever is/not in hand)

4) Release/freedom from the curse/gloves will require an RP’d attempt to do so and a will save of 30+. The curse will/does follow the gloves. Taint, damage remains until manually repaired. Other persons may ‘steal’ the gloves with consiquence and only by fight to the death by the owner/wearer. Left on the ground, the gloves shall dissappear/destroyed.

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

In saving throws, a 20 always succeeds. This apply?

Opinvu
    • Markshire PCs:

Your the D&D rule teacher for me here…. but, I would have to say no given the following. The gloves are intoxicating plus the char has naturally high rolls on average from my experiance so far.

They are nice gloves, my point/goal was temptation to warp the char bio with the introduction of a powerful item.

s-m-r
    • Markshire PCs:

Vala has been Ceorlas’ character online more often as of late, and is eager to move forward on the roleplaying of removal of the gloves. Ceorlas is doing a GREAT job of following the RP guidelines with the gloves.

Offered a RP encounter today, where the gloves tempted Vala to kill, and she successfully resisted and RP’ed it out. Vala also interacted at length with Kareena, the counter girl at Anastasia’s shop today, gossiping about some other warriors (Keliana in particular) and the goings-on in the Laatneer district.

Other characters (in parenthesis is the model used to represent them)

Mykki (Gypsy, Female): purchased a dress at Anastasia’s while Vala was in. Later met with Vala that night, along with her companions, in the Laatneer district. Part of a trio of wandering gypsies who spend time between Stonemark and Starcroft, following the seasons.

Adric (Gypsy Warrior): assumed leader of the trio. Encouraged by Vala to head south of Starcroft to seek steady, safer work on Vala’s family’s farm.

There was also a third member of the party (Gypsy, Male) who didn’t speak, but instead played a lute.

The three of them set up a campfire at the ruins near the ship docked in the southwest section of Laatneer. There were no interpersonal relationships clarified during their meeting with Vala, so all these can go any way you like; please document here for future reference.

Opinvu
    • Markshire PCs:

Thanks,

Yes, Vala is working toward removing the gloves. Anyone that wishes to aid can. It is simply a matter of her having witness to roles and the RP behind them. It is simply a mental struggle to overcome an urge. Just needs to be more than standing like a manican or mime rolling the dice. She is boarderline Evil, anymore killing/fails will push her over the line.

Thrym
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs: Grottle, Gruzk, Ashimar

@Ceorlas wrote:

1. Player ID
    Ceorlas

2. Character Name
    Vala Fei’makiir

3. PrC Sought
    Blackguard

4. Why you think your character fits into or deserves the PrC sought.
    Gradual devolvement from good aligned Cleric of Sif to evil intentioned mass murderess (Stonemark Stangler). Though the transition was effected by the gloves she inadvertently cursed herself with she has now become full evil oriented and is unlikely to seek revertion to her good standing even if the gloves are successfully removed.
    Currently she bases at The Ivory Spire and sallies forth with her favourite Succubus Companion to collect venom glands from the more prolific sources (Bloodspray orcs most often). She uses these in her experiments and studies in producing and applying venoms to weapons.

5. Describe an event that defines the way your character fits into the PrC’s parameters.
    [Vala: Just when you thought it safe to exit the temple]
    https://markshire.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3862
    Vala’s biography depicting slow but increasing slide to evil. The first victim is Hon-tae (Spymaster Gend), second is Boppi Baulnurd (Aelswith) with several unamed, unknown citizens referred to as being ‘interred’ and so hidden in Harrow Court.

[Keli, short for .. .. Keli !]
    https://markshire.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3791&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=45: JULY 12 – JULY 30
    Kelliana’s biography describing pursuit, capture and escape of Vala, whereby she takes the final step into evil

6. Name two people (staff or player) that would agree with your assessment and back your concept.
    Opinvu. Everybody else.

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

sounds like he’s RP’d it. I have no problem with it for what it’s worth.

– mule

Opinvu
    • Markshire PCs:

I say yes.

This has been Rp’d at length and and heavily discussed with me. We plan to wrpa it up soon, that is witht he gloves. I shall have this mine be over an old Angerboda temple. And that is where they find her. She then has to choose, protect the necromancer and fellow Angerboda minion, or seek help and betray him and help the Markseteers. (a work in progress)

I will vouch for the journal entries. Most of all stated was derived from ingame activity and above statements.

s-m-r
    • Markshire PCs:

Sounds like she’s come a long way since July. At that point she was definitely resisting the pull of the Gloves’ urgings.

I’ve not DM’ed with Vala around since then, to be honest. I support the judgments of you all who have seen her in game more often.

Thrym
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs: Grottle, Gruzk, Ashimar

Op,

Go ahead and work with Ceorlas in game to initiate them into their prestige class. I think the majority of those who’ve been in game have spoken.

Let me know if you need something setup or done.

Opinvu
    • Markshire PCs:

I will touchbase with him tonight about proceeding forward and how his options. I will post the outcome here.

In the next episode the party will find Vala in the sunken temple of Angerboda. She will be protecting the Necromancer behind the Markseteers suspect Legnus Spade. Unfortunately, I will be playing Vala at that time. I plan to puppet for him, let him tell me what to say…. further details will come with the formentioned.

Opinvu
    • Markshire PCs:

Vala will be choosing evil and to protect the site and the fellow follower. Vala will ultimately fight the Markseteers until death. I mentioned to him that this fall and spawn at the tower will lock him into evil “”.

Opinvu
    • Markshire PCs:

The Gloves have come off. (Gloves of Strangulation) She has been arrested by the MArkseteers for aiding and protecting a conspirator and for her murders. The Marketeers helped her remove the gloves and bore witness to it. After being beaten by the party her weakend state pushed her over all limits and she wanted out. She then helped them beat the Necromancer and went along quietly.

Ceorlas said he still wishes to go blackguard and become more lawful. This will entail lawful missions to help change her alignment back toward law from chaotic evil.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.