Wanted: Your ideas for expanding crafting in MS1!

Home Forums Discussion Forums Out of Game Wanted: Your ideas for expanding crafting in MS1!

Viewing 19 posts - 61 through 79 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    mule
    • Markshire PCs:

heh Vegan..

I would highlight and reiterate the CDS for crafters. If you are a master in your art and want to make something with RP stuff let us know.

– mule

Lt. Tyler
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

*BUMP*

This is the final bump for this CNR update.

After this, I’ll work on getting everything into the scripts and whatnot, and then I plan to test it out, hosting it from my home machine.

If you’re willing to come by and do some testing, send me a PM.

Thanks, LT

Brindisium
    • Markshire PCs:

Final thoughts then,

Personally I think I will still be playing MS1 for quite some time. So, although it doesn’t fall into the category of CNR mechanics, I would love to see the CNR update provide more of a reason to visit the less well used areas in the game, eg: Spinehold, the Dwarven Mines ( if they exist 🙂 ) and some of the districts of Stonemark.

Otherwise, if you could do something, no ANYTHING, to make scribing a little less painful it would be appreciated 🙂

Good luck!

Lt. Tyler
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

Thank you all for your ideas and thoughts about expanding the CNR. They were great, and the new additions will bring much fun for those crafters out there.

At this point we have all the submissions we can take for this big update to CNR. We still have work to do to incorporate new things, so it will take some time before these are in game. Rest assured though that we will post when things go ‘live’

If you do have further ideas for CNR changes, definitely let us know. If at some point these grow to some critical mass, we may consider another round of a big update.

Thanks again for everyone’s ideas and creativity!

LT and ‘Cuz

Kampion Kensington
    • Markshire PCs:

I would love to see a Complete Crafting Guide……

Something I could print out that lists what makes what and where to look (not exactly where perhaps but get you to the right map) but I think this would be a great OOC compendium.

I would think that there even could be a IC contest to find the ingredients for various things. Perhaps the Sage or a enchantress with deep pockets wanting to spend some cash rather then die adventuring aimlessly.

What you Think?

Monty
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

Hehe….I could sell it to you….
    You should go out and look! I compiled (and am still compiling) my lists from being IG. Just keep track. 😉

M3C

Thrym
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs: Grottle, Gruzk, Ashimar

@Kampion wrote:

I would love to see a Complete Crafting Guide……

Something I could print out that lists what makes what and where to look (not exactly where perhaps but get you to the right map) but I think this would be a great OOC compendium.

This is where we disagree. In the era Markshire represents knowledge was guarded jealously.

In character, people may share some basic resources (ie. the Grotto) but beyond that merchants or anyone who wished to maintain control over their income would keep information about rarer resources to themselves.

So while an OOC guide might be helpful to anyone as a player there’s no good reason a PC should magically know where resources are or how to make something. You have to learn in game. Which in my opinion makes the system more fun.

If you wish to learn where something is pay someone. Gold will motivate people in game. Contact someone you’ve met who would appear to know the information you want and RP it out. Knowledge of resources was Hrogath’s bread-n-butter when I played him elsewhere. He would locate something through exploration and then sell that information. If it was in a location that couldn’t be accessed by the person he would offer his services to retrieve it, at a price.

OOC guides kill roleplay. That’s why you only find things that are common In Game knowledge on the forums.

Thrym
    Keymaster

@Kampion wrote:

I would think that there even could be a IC contest to find the ingredients for various things. Perhaps the Sage or a enchantress with deep pockets wanting to spend some cash rather then die adventuring aimlessly.

Sounds like a fairly reasonable adventure hook.

*waves DM flag*

By making it a contest with a decent prize the Sage would gather all they need within a short period of time instead of waiting on the unreliable nature of average providers.

Monty
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

Agree 100% with Thrym! I spent a long time compiling this stuff. Now, if you were to come up to Monty IG, he might sell you a bit of his knowledge (which, BTW, few have ever done), or he’ll get what you need, for a price.

M3C

Kampion Kensington
    • Markshire PCs:

the only problem I see is that I have not seen any of these characters you all mention in game in many months. I have logged a lot of hours of the last few weeks and can honestly say…..

two or three players are on all the time with me, the dm’s characters that “Have all this knowledge”, no where to be seen. What would work best for those of you in the know,

PM’s asking for a rp opportunity?

Waiting on line for hours hoping?

Going out and attempting to find things hit n’ miss?

I have been a on line gamer for many years and enjoy mixing up some good rp with adventuring about, but have never considered honestly crafting as a option. I do not have hours and hours to be on line by myself wandering around looking for things that I have no idea if I need them or not. My time in the real life is so precious, between my family, child, children on the way, my job, etc. etc. it just seems like I could use a hand.

I suppose learning one specific type of crafting at a time is a good way to begin. Lets say i wanted to learn how to…… write scrolls…….. how do I know what to get or use? If no compendium is possible to have created or purchased…… then it seems like….. hours and hours of trial and error is my option, yet as I have not that kind of time….. I have no option. Kinda Sad *pats self on back with pitiful smile*

Perhaps a one on one with a dm and a NPC is a option….. still waiting on DM to get back to me about a CDS “Character Development Session”….. perhaps this might help.

Thanks for the feedback 🙂

Monty
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

Uh, there ARE manuals IG available. Most permanent merchants sell recipe books that describe how to get started, though not the recipes. And you can buy limited amounts of ingredients at the stores.

M3C

BoostNJuice
    • Markshire PCs:

Tarl’nesh is a master craftsman, and I love CNR. I am on a lot, but under Many different names……so here’s the list.

BoostNJuice=
    1)Braetai
    2)Jym
    3)Tarl’nesh
    4)Belexus
    5)Osicius
    6)Tri’ele
    7)Loli (Bonegrinder)….Aelswith has one too
    8)Hostilis
    9)Ot

If you see any of these, send me a tell. If I can’t find it….It’s not legal in MS.

Osay
    • Markshire PCs:

So how is all of this new stuff coming along?

Thrym
    Keymaster

It’s finished. Just been swamped with work.

After I launch the Sneak Peek this weekend I will push LT’s changes to the live mod for MS1.

Thanks to all of you for your work and your patience.

Osay
    • Markshire PCs:

@Thrym wrote:

It’s finished. Just been swamped with work.

After I launch the Sneak Peek this weekend I will push LT’s changes to the live mod for MS1.

Thanks to all of you for your work and your patience.

Thats cool, thanks T.
    Really looking forward to both!

Osay
    • Markshire PCs:

Any news on this stuff?

Brindisium
    • Markshire PCs:

I’m still hoping you guys have the chance to get round to this stuff too. New jobs permitting.

SpymasterGend
    • Markshire PCs:

Saw recent posts to the thread and thought I’d chime in on a couple points. If you’re still fixing it up, I ought to note a bug or two I’ve spotted: a lion armor (hide or studded) crafts out properly but yields no armor (i.e. gives xp and skillpoints); jaguar hide armor burns components and doesn’t then process to success or failure.

Interesting options mentioned IG Sun to Durok based on cultural cross-pollination: Samurai armor (some mods consider like scale) composed of many small plates–perhaps a tailoring recipe with some evolved smithed components. Bamboo armor a similar cross-skill option, tailor/woodwork.

SpymasterGend
    • Markshire PCs:

Oh yes. Forgot to mention the tragic non-CNR dire polar skins.

Viewing 19 posts - 61 through 79 (of 79 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.