Washington State Hurricane

Home Forums Discussion Forums Makes you go, Hmmmm? Washington State Hurricane

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Opinvu
    • Markshire PCs:

Yup, a Hurricane, on land. This is where my mother lives, it’s only 1.5hr drive South via the freeway from Seattle. I have l ived here in WA for 25yrs. IT has had flooding rains several times, all the usual rivers flood and nearly flood out a town. No news cause they dry out just like they do after a normal day of drinking. This town flooded like this once before, before I was born.

Check this out, this was recently. I was caught in the snow farther North when this happened. A cold front from Alaska sent snow and some Northeastern wind. Then this windstorm from Hawaii comes in and washes all the snow away. And nearly blows away a few towns.

http://www.pacificcohistory.org:80/hurricane.htm

Ther is one picture showing a massive area of forest that just got pushed down…

s-m-r
    • Markshire PCs:

Holy cow…that’s awe-inspiring. I don’t catch television much at all, so this is completely new news to me.

Have they made any estimate on how extensive the damages have been? When they expect to have most of the rebuilding done? Where people are staying until their homes are rebuilt?

Monty
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

Talk about ironic – I heard nothing at all about this on the east coast. If it was Florida, it would be on the news 24/7!

M3C

Corgano
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

Wow… I didn’t hear a thing about any of this on the news. I hope that all your family is okay and doing well.

domf
    • Markshire PCs:

hopefully it doesnt effect hollywood…i dont need anything else holding up the making of the prime time shows that i have come to love

Kayla
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

well at least your not having a water shortage

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

I do believe they call them Tsunami’s in that ocean. I saw something on this on the news but it’s been almost completely silent on it.

– mule

domf
    • Markshire PCs:

@mule wrote:

I do believe they call them Tsunami’s in that ocean. I saw something on this on the news but it’s been almost completely silent on it.

– mule

hurricane on land….tsunami on water…

tornado on land…typhoon/water spout on water

muddy
    • Markshire PCs:

tomato tomahto potato potahto

Opinvu
    • Markshire PCs:

Estimated Damage? Well…. This has hppened before, in the last 50yrs or so. The car dealership near Walmart Got an entire lot of cars moved in two hours. No damage but mop and dirt removal.

Props to Wal-Mart. It was open during and after. No, but they had it open in three days. Everything on truck, wipe and wash, everything repacked. I was in there Christmas Eve, eve, it was evident and stained here and there, but I don’t remember what the paper said on total damage. It wasn’t as wide spread since most of that was shown was buissness districts.

I wish they woulda shown Yard Birds. It has a 2.5 story black duck out front. It’s in the sitting on water position and not too detailed. The water line was over it’s back. The store was nearly half full of water, and next door in same attached building is a small theater. One screen, my mother says they were open the next day after the waters receeded. LOL.

Further south, in a town called Vancover, its close to the Oregan border, reported a Tornado. Very rare and strange in this part of the country.

domf
    • Markshire PCs:

@Opinvu wrote:

Further south, in a town called Vancover, its close to the Oregan border, reported a Tornado. Very rare and strange in this part of the country.

Tell muddy to turn off his weather machine

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.