Where for art the Gathering?

Home Forums Admin Only The Gathering Where for art the Gathering?

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Monty
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

Ok, Where should The Gathering be held this year?

At G’s place in the Carolinas,

or Vlan’s in Lake George, NY?

If you post comments, please also post when is a good time for you (May-July), and be specific as to what week/weekend.

M3C

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

I honestly don’t care. Which should be an option too 😛 … Can we get some info about each place. Like total capacity and who can or can’t make it to where? If I am more informed I would be able to make a choice. Until then I won’t vote so I don’t swing it one way or another.

– mule

muddy
    • Markshire PCs:

I want it wherever it’s cheapest for me to get too.

How about Iowa? We can go cow tipping, cuz that chit is FUN.

Monty
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

I gotta say I’m torn. I think having it at G’s would be totally cool, and North Carolina is a blast. At the same time, I’ve been to the Lake George lake house, and it’s incredible. 8-10 bedrooms, a huge field leading down to the water, private (meaning we can get in trouble without getting in trouble…) but yet close to town (5 miles) and it’s totally beautiful up there. It is far from most things, and about an hour north of Albany, NY, so it’s not exactly central, even though you can fly into Albany. I would be helping Vlan, and we would both transport folks from the airport if you’re flying in.

G, can you set the scene down by you? Plusses, minuses and travel stuff. Maybe then we can figure out what to do.

M3C

G_kinkaid
    • Markshire PCs:

http://www.century21thomas.com/content/house/su/pperch

That’s the place

Cherry Grove, North Myrtle beach SC. So there’s tons of touristy beach crap ( Medieval Times, lazer tag, etc). Or just pound booze (and Pepsi!), hang out, game, etc. It’s not listed above but the house is hooked up with wireless internets.

I don’t think we would be able to set large fires or discharge firearms etc. outside without getting into trouble here. But it’s the beach, so it’s an atmosphere of recreational tolerance 🙂

Ummm, it’s about a 4 hour drive N/E to Blackbeard’s old house, about 4 hour drive to the N/W to SPARTAAAAAAnburg.

There’s an airport in Myrtle Beach for those that be fly.

Monty
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

What to do, what to do……

M3C

Thrym
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs: Grottle, Gruzk, Ashimar

*looks for the Travelocity breakdown for the Lake George location*

Need more data.

Monty
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

http://www.visitlakegeorge.com/

It’s all there……

M3C

Thrym
    Keymaster

@Monty wrote:

http://www.visitlakegeorge.com/

It’s all there……

M3C

Nope. Need details like on the Cherry Grove house. # TVs, etc. A important statistics to consider.

🙂

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

Interwebs access.

Ability to display movies, play music. Firewood available.

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

heh still nothing definitive… both places sound great and look great. Any thoughts from you New Yorkers on who could or couldn’t make it down to NC? I am game for either still.

– mule

s-m-r
    • Markshire PCs:

I dig the beach, at any time of year. I’ll vote for NC.

Monty
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

Well, somebody vote, for pete’s sake! 🙂

Stereo – Yes.
    TV – There was a small one, but nothing spectacular.
    Full kitchen.
    Patio.

If you’re looking for a digital gaming emporium, this ain’t it. It is a family vacation house with the earlier mentioned fields, beach, dock, etc. Oh, and a HUGE long table – like 15 feet long, and 4 feet wide – perfect for PnP.
    Vlan can fill in the details, but he is away for a week or so. He’ll chime in when he gets back, I’m sure.
    The web address was for the area, so you can see what’s nearby and activities available. They rent boats and stuff on the lake.
    It really depends what everyone is looking for. I personally think either place would be kickin’, I just know the LG house, so of course I’m biased towards it.
    Keep in mind as well, that sooner or later the significant others will start asking “Where are you going?” and may demand to come “with”. So, the wild free for alls and storming of the tower may have to calm down a bit…. 🙄

M3C

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

@Monty wrote:

Keep in mind as well, that sooner or later the significant others will start asking “Where are you going?” and may demand to come “with”.

Ha! Yer funny!

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

Umm maybe you’ll calm down if your S.O. comes but i’ll still be storming towers and embarrassing you.

– mule

muddy
    • Markshire PCs:

Call me crazy, but I think we could really get thrown out of a Medieval Times…

but have a GREAT time doing it.

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

You’re not crazy, i’d be willing to put money on it that we could get thrown out of there.

– mule

Brak
    • Markshire PCs:

“Right, right I get it…the horse, armour and lance are only for YOUR personal use. How about you keep the lance and my buddy and I use the turkey legs ?”

muddy
    • Markshire PCs:

“Twenty bucks says I can knock Sir Prance-a-Lot off his horse with a well aimed rib let.”

G_kinkaid
    • Markshire PCs:

Who can/can’t make it to SC? I need to nail down a week if we’re gonna do this.

3 weeks in April are still open, 3 weeks in May (10th – 16th are reserved ) are also open (and through the 1st week of June). We got that to work with until the Fall season.

vlan2k
    • Markshire PCs:

No Carolina’s for me.

vlan2k
    • Markshire PCs:

Just as an FYI… looks like August is the time we have the Lake House.

Thrym
    Keymaster

Votes are being cast.

Looking like Myrtle Beach is the favorite so far.

If you haven’t voted, please do so.

muddy
    • Markshire PCs:

I will not vote because I could care less where it’s held. Also not sure on my availability due to IVF and other constraints.

Wish I lived closer to a major airport to cut down on flight costs or had someone nearby to car pool with.

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

*ponders* Roy (Sarkhan) lives in Alabama, muhahaha.

I voted SC, but really don’t have that strong a preference. I will be going to either place. So count me on that list Vlan.

As for preferences of time? Summer is good.

– mule

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

I voted. I am pretty much available any time.

Thrym
    Keymaster

It’s a timeshare, correct G?

What are the times it is available from June thru July?

G_kinkaid
    • Markshire PCs:

First week of June is available. After that the rates get hiked up and it won’t be available via hookup until after peak season.

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

First week of June works for me too, is that the weekend of June 6th? or the weekend before that?

– mule

G_kinkaid
    • Markshire PCs:

Aye, that’s the weekend of June 6th

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.